Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Save on hair products

My hair is naturally straight and it USED to be so shiny and split-ends free. But that also means flat hair thus leading to the constant searching for good volumizer. To solve my problem, I started experimenting with perming and flash wave. This resulted in great looking waves that comes with baggage- a big tangled mess with frizz and split-ends galore. To keep these problems at bay, I had been suckered into using salon brand products that cost big bucks.
To name a few of what I used :


Eufora Fortifi strengthening spray ~$30
~NOT WORTH IT!~
It smells great but didn't see any improvement on my hair, and I use it regularly for 2 months.

Bumble and Bumble Prep & Tonic Lotion, ~18 each
~OKAY~
This works alright, it detangles a bit but doesn't do everything it promises to do.

Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious Defining Creme ~$25
~NOT WORTH IT!~
This felt way too heavy and greasy. It weighs the hair down

Moroccan Oil ~$35
~LOVE!
~
A little dab goes a long way. It de-frizzes and makes my hair so soft. Love it!

Frederick Fekkai brilliance creme ~$20
~LOVE!~
Similar product as the Moroccan oil. Both works great!


All worked wonderfully but because of the $ factor and being a starving musician, I was determined to find equally great products that cost a lot less.


TRESemme products for curly hair- shampoo & conditioner, curl reactivating mist, and curl defining gel. All are under $6 bucks.








This was probably my proudest find -
Garnier Fructis - Instant melting conditioner. (moisture works, color last, sleek and shine)

I was looking for deep conditioning cream that works as well as pantene but doesn't cost $9 bucks. All garnier fructis products were on sale at local CVS pharmacy and each costed $1.69 for me. My hair haven't felt this soft in a long time, yet it's not so heavy that it would weigh my curls down.

Anyway, since I love trying out new products, the search for great and inexpensive hair products continues. Stay tuned!

No comments: